Odie’s Oil Instructions
Thank you so much for choosing Odie’s! The Odie’s Finishes are true hard wax oils and proudly made of 100% natural ingredients with no solvents or dryers. Unlike other finishes it takes just a few easy steps to ensure a brilliant and long-lasting finish for your project. We want you to succeed!
- Stir or mix your jar (Oil Only) well as ingredients settle over travel/time.
- Tools needed: Fine Scotch Brite (non-woven) Pad / Clean Cotton Terry Cloth Towel (can be found at any local store or sourced online).
- Use the fine scotch brite pad to work the product into your project surface. The friction from the application helps drive the product into the surface. (A little Odie’s goes a long way, so don’t overdo it!).
- After working the product into the surfaces with the pad, allow it to set for 45 minutes to 2 hours (depending on product used). You can wait a bit longer but your buff off may be a bit tougher).
- After waiting for the product to set up, take a clean terry (100% cotton) cloth towel and proceed to BUFF OFF ALL the product from your project surfaces. When your towel is loading up with product switch to a new clean terry cloth towel until the entire surface is buffed off and NO product REMAINS. (If you can swipe a clean finger across the surface and make no mark you are done).
- Your piece can be handled almost immediately after buffing however, we suggest you give it a day or two to further the cure before any use. (if you know the piece is going to be exposed to water or liquids, we suggest you give it two weeks of cure time for best results).
Additional coats of Odie’s products can be applied using these same easy steps above, we suggest waiting 24 hours between coats.